Historical

Mother's full name is Hendrika Wilhelmina Maria van den Broek, but we call her Riek and some call her Riekie. Date of birth is June 2, 1955.

Father's full name is Petrus Theodorus Johannus Maria Dirkx, wow an extra name... and we call him Peter. Why do you get all those names in a Catholic church? Why is it so important to be named after your grandparents or uncle and aunts? Well... My dad's date of birth is Januari 17, 1951.

My mother's maiden name you already have. They are separated a little while ago. I don't have any siblings so yes, I was a bit spoiled by my parents.

Names of maternal grandparents, hmmm my grandfather is called Jan and I don't know about my grandmother. I don't remember her because she died when I was about 6 months old. My grandfather died six year ago.

Names of paternal grandparents, again I can't give you a lot of information, my grandfather is called Harry and I don't know the name of my grandmother, I used to call her Oma. Oma died 22 years ago I believe and my grandfather lives in a nursing home.

Mother's family comes from Bladel (as far as I know) which is a small town next to Reusel where I was born. My mother grew up in Bladel and moved to Reusel when she married my father.

Father's family originally comes from Belgium, some went to Australia as sheep farmers came back bought a royal title and the family ended up in Reusel somehow (as I was told). My dad grew up in Reusel.

Famous or notable relative or ancestor
: we have an artist in the family, a nephew of my father called Piet Dirkx, he's a painter. That's it.

0 comments: